Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Wild Afternoon and Farmers' Market Fun

I say it all the time.. the best part of the farmers' market is the people!  And I still stand by that.  I love that the other folks there value good nutrition, local foods, local farmers and a good life without all he added chemicals and the like.  But not to get on that soapbox of mine or anything (heehee- get it, soapbox- I am a heritage soapmaker-) OK, back on task.  I love talking with others and the kids.Yesterday, there were great kids around, of all ages, and fun adults.  Many kindred spirits who have also been through finding products for allergic kids.  On eowman even recognized our name as being the one on the egg cartons she usually buys! (Yup, that part was pretty fun!)

This is the building where we are located on Tuesday afternoons- the Marana Healthcare Center.  We set up in a courtyard off to the right of the building as shown here.  Two weeks ago, a storm marched right up the freeway to us.  Yesterday, it seemed to go around, then snuck up behind the building and onto the top of us!

So once the lightning got close, we broke down our booths for the day a half hour early.  We all felt bad for the ladies that came just as we put away all the items for sale, but none of us wanted to be human lightning rods, and the ladies understood.  We were all safely in our cars just as the first raindrops fell.

For those of you who don't live near here, and wonder how it can be pouring on one side of the house and bone dry on the other, I took a few photos when I stopped at stop signs as the only car on the road for much of the way home.  This is looking out toward the Tohono O'Odham Reservation.

Notics the bright glare>  This is actually a dust storm catching the glare over by the Marana Heritage Farm.

Below are a few more of the storm cells.

And another dust storm

I was trying to beat this storm back to our house so I wouldn't be on washed out roads.


It was winning the race, I had to pull over a couple times.

It won.  There was lightning crashing all around me as I sat in the car, reading a book, waiting for it to blow over enough to be safe to open the gate!

What a wild day!  Now today I get to dig out from the storm!

No comments:

Post a Comment