Friday, July 20, 2012

Puppy Power- Never Turn Your Back!

Training a new puppy can be a challenge.  Callie Jo was two months old when she came home, and she was definitely a challenge!  I would like to think my skills in training a puppy have improved with the subsequent dogs.  This time, I am trying to help Wyatt do the training, since Shadow Paws is his puppy.

He was sitting on the couch reading, not four feet from Shadow when she did this.  I was packaging soap.  She untied the ties holding her dog bed together, and proceeded to bite out large chinks of the high density memory foam I made them out of, then climbed inside to do more damage.  She was having so much fun, she was rolling end over end in the bed like a rolling glob of fabric when I walked into the living room to check on them.

Of course, I took a picture.  Then Wyatt got to clean up the mess, retie the bed and teach Shadow what was appropriate to chew on. Again.  The photo below is the two of them being silly after cleaning up the mess.  He was telling her if she couldn't take care of her bed, then he would be her dog bed, since he feels he is indestructible! 

Just another day at our house!


No comments:

Post a Comment