Monday, July 9, 2012

As requested by Snoopy Luke...

Snoopy Luke is a beagle who belongs to my niece,Kaleigh.  This morning, my sister told me he felt that I was derilict in my duty of providing photos of Miss Shadow.

Last night we got proof that she belong with is.  She began a collection.  It was in the house, and a collection of elk bones to chew on.  Whenever the men harvest a deer or elk, in the spirit of using the whole animal, the dogs get the lower legs.  It is a big time of excitement around here.  When Remington was a baby, she only had her bones outside, and once I finally gave in to letting her have a couple in the house, she quit chewing the dining table.  So I learned, and little Shadow is doing her teething on her dog bed.

Shadow also playing catch with it in the dining room last night, which resulted in me playing fetch with her from the couch (where I was nursing a newly sprained ankle).

On a good note, Vegas seems to be warming up to her a little.  Not completely, yet, but a little.  He caught himself sniffing and starting to wag this morning at the back porch water bucket, and looked at me like "No, Mama, you didn't see that."  Then laid down to watch me finish with the greenhouse.

Lots of work left to do, and today is a busy day, so I had best get at it!  Have a great one!

1 comment:

  1. I miss my "farm" in Marana with all the dogs and goats...but I sure don't miss the hard work involved with it.

    ReplyDelete