Wednesday, January 8, 2014

The homemade space heater...

Part of the fun of homeschooling is the random experiments, right?

This was the Tuesday morning experiment. You see, when I got up, it was 48 degrees in the house. I know, much of the country has it far worse than us, so I am trying not to complain. As I tried to get going, and scratched Vegas' ears, I saw the Facebook post again where folks were using tea light candles in a bread pan with flower pots to heat small rooms.

So we figured, why not try it out?


I don't know if the rooms were too big for the heater, or if the candles not having a casing made a difference, but it wasn't warm beyond the pot!  Maybe we just had too much heat differential to make up, who knows?

Have you tried it? Did it work for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment