Friday, January 17, 2014

Leather fun!

Working our way through lessons, we still had to do a project with the leather circles they were assigned on Monday for the Friday meeting,  Because the leather circles weren't quite right for leather work, it had been suggested that they try to make leather roses of them.

They found some instructions on line, and started making the little clover-like circles needed while they were watching a movie about Westward Expansion. (Hopefully the movie helps with the position paper they have due to me Friday!)


After cutting out and soaking the pieces, they punched holes to make stems. I don't know if you can see the pieces, but another of my needles bit the dust in the making of this project...


I don't know if Shadow was just resting after a mad game of fetch, or if she was giving Wyatt the cold shoulder for paying more attention to the project than her...


THere wasn't a design for leaves so we created some.  There are still ribbons tied around the roses as they dry, but I will take a photo of the finished projects later.


Well, got a lot to do in the morning, so I suppose I had best get to bed!  Have a great night, and tomorrow I promise to post the photo contest!

No comments:

Post a Comment