Thursday, January 16, 2014

Busy day, today!

Wow- what a crazy day! As we left home and all the animals to the boys and headed to town for the morning, Bailey and I laughed about me teaching a class format I hadn't taught in a while. It turned out, they were lots of fun!

After class, I stopped to get two new tires. Dealing with things like that is my least favorite activity, as I am stuck dealing with salesmen who have no written prices.  At least we have found an honest mechanic, but the things like this are moments I try so hard to put off!

After that, I picked up Bailey from class and  we stopped for Wyatt special order wood- big project on the horizon there. I look forward to seeing how it comes out!

Then we met up with our 4-H leader.  This silly girl and her roo came home with us as Bailey's backup showmanship bird, and to begin a project to see if our club can hatch and raise the birds needed for next year. There was a lot more info on that in a post just for them. =)


While they were settling in, we were doing chores. I ended up harvesting about half of what was left of the chard, as the chickens like it far better than the kids do! The other dark greens go over beautifully, but not those!


This is some of the brown seeded simpson which has been such an all-star around here.


Funny thing, I thought I planted broccoli there, but it sure doesn't look like broccoli to me! We did enjoy some yummy cauliflower tonight!  What is your favorite thing to do with cauliflower?


This cute little Brahma decided to make its entrance in the incubator. It ended up taking until midnight before it was ready to switch to the brooder, but it seems to be doing well


While I was inside bringing in the cauliflower and peeking at the little one, Wyatt started hollering for help.  When I asked him to look in the straw loft for hidden eggs, I did not intend for him to climb up there! But he did, and the ladder fell, so he was hanging out and waiting for me...


No, life is never dull around here. It seems like things are finally quieting down around here for the night, so I am thinking one more check outside and of the babies, then I get to sleep for a little while. 

Any silly antics going on at your house?


No comments:

Post a Comment