Monday, August 20, 2012

Sunday Projects

Sunday was fun!  When I swept before breakfast, I found a leak in the sink- the seal on the drain basket had worn out, and let the water from the sink, where I was soaking dishes, to leak down under the sink.  With that out of commission and waiting for parts, I headed off to teach Pilates and work out.

When I got home from town in the early afternoon, the gentleman working on Rattlesnake and Chicken Avoidance with Shadow came over to work with her.  The rattlesnake avoidance seems to have gone well, but the chickens are still a big challenge for her.

The Charlie headed off to town, and the kids and I got to work outside.  They were working on pens, I needed to do more laundry and work on my projects to shore up the doe barn, as well as the hen house in the big pen.  This will also strengthen the fencing connections at the barns. If I ever finish, that is!
I measured and cut the poles for Wyatt's pen.

Bailey measured for hers, I cut.

Love power tools!  They make things much faster!

The storms were coming in.  We were trying to work quickly and efficiently, but ran into a big scorpion over four inches long- and it was MAD!  Wyatt got Shadow safely out of the way, and Bailey and I got shovels.  Bailey went to work chopping it into tiny pieces.  I would have taken a photo of the crazy thing, but was more interested in getting rid of it!

The sky was getting more beautiful as we worked.  I wish I could say we got it all done, but the wind came in, and we filled the trailer again.  So we put away our tools for the night in time to have the rain begin falling. Sure hope to get more of those done in the next couple days.

The monsoon sky is just so beautiful!  Bailey and Vegas love the wind and lightning.  But sights like this really make me want to curl up in the rocking chair on the porch.

Shadow is a puppy who really needs to chew, so she has LOTS of bones stashed around the house.  But last night, she found this horn outside.  I think it is a ram's horn.  She looks really funny when chewing on the end, because the other end sits up bu her eye.  But she loves it!  And when she chews on those things, she isn't chewing on anything else, sooo...
Well, the rain gauge didn't even show enough to pour out, though I did try!  Maybe later this week.  I can hope, anyway!  Here's to a beautiful week for everyone this week.  Hope it brings many blessings to you and your family!


No comments:

Post a Comment