Sunday, August 19, 2012

Onward and Upward, Saturday went by too Fast!

Started my day teaching my first step class since the goofy fall this past week.  It went pretty well.  Did a little cardio, picked up some things for dinner, and came home to get busy with chores.
First up: more prickly pear jelly!
I like seeing signs like this.  Sometimes I cannot get specific items made in the USA anymore, but when I can, like in the case of canning jars, I do.

This was part of dinner.  Homegrown chicken, with lemon, garlic and salt and pepper.  No crazy preservatives, or compounds to mess with the body or set off Bailey's headaches and allergies.

Today, I have been working on a workout template for my Pima students, doing a lot of laundry, cleaning and a little work in the garden.  I still love those sunsets, and we have been waiting for the rain they promised for today. (The late news says there are pretty powerful storms heading our way- I need to be careful what I wish for!)

These clouds look puffy and sweet to me...
Down below, though, pretty wild!  Can you see the chickens bedding down for the night?

Bailey was having trouble with a couple sets of hooves, so Charlie pitched in to help while she held them.

This is the Loquat tree I put in the garden today.  I am looking forward to watching it grow!

And this is the fig tree.  They have each grown a good foot while waiting in or near the greenhouse.
Looking forward to see where they go!

Here's to hoping I get even more done on Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment