Monday, August 13, 2012

Sunday Chores

With record breaking heat, we do chores in shifts and more toward the evening right now.  This hinge was my nemesis this weekend, finding the correct size was impossible, but finally a nice man at ACE helped me find a braket we could use with bolts and nuts to make it function!  Wyatt is so glad to not need a second person at the gate when he sees to his new brahmas!
Wyatt came home from a day of finishing up his hunter's safety class to try to get a few chores in before dinner.  Shadow had missed her boy so much, she tripped me over and over until I took her outside, then she wandered until she found him by voice.  She cannot yet be trusted with the chickens, so she hung out near a water bowl and watched her Wyatt work.

Wyatt has been pulling all of the straw out of the big chicken house, so he can put down new DE and then put fresh bedding in their nesting boxes.  I think this project may take a bit, but he is plugging away!

While packaging the lavender goat's milk soap, then working on laundry and enjoying a family dinner, I got a small batch of prickly pear jelly done!  These jars have been through their water bath and are cooling (sure enjoyed the closing ceremonies while doing that!)  I ran out of lemon juice, though, so the rest will have to go in stages this week!
Well, it is very late, so I had best rotate and fold the laundry one last time, and prep the glassware order that came in tonight so it can go out tomorrow!  Have a wonderful week everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment