Thursday, August 16, 2012

Knocked on my rear by what?

This might not be the sort of thing folks who do what  do would document and share with the world.  But when was the last time I did things like everyone else?
This morning I went in to sub a Step and Strength class, then a Pilates class.  I thought it made for a good day to break in a new pair of sneakers before the college began its semester and I began teaching there again next week.
About fifteen minutes into class, rolling through the second combination, I thought a few options would get the group going a little more.  A showed a jumping jack as a power option at the end of a move, and promptly turned my ankle and landed on my rear.  Very unceremoniously, I might say.
As the students asked if I was okay, I put them in a turn step holding pattern and tried to decide.
Out the window went the combination, and in went anything I could cue evenly while trying to figure out whether I would be ale to stand up.  After a couple minutes, I was up and trying to get range of motion back, an finishing off the goofy little combination of simple moves.  I made it back on the step, and finished that class and the next.
Not sure which suffered more- my pride or my choreography.
Good thing I have tomorrow off.
Note to self- when extra tired in the morning, don't try new sneakers.
I have a lot on the list for this afternoon, guess I will e working in some ice and range of motion to go with it. I still can't believe it was a jumping jack that got me.  I mean, where is the cool story in that?

No comments:

Post a Comment