Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Monday Night Chore Time- And A Tiny Bit of Headway on the Coop Project

After a thirteen hour day at work today, I came home and cleaned the kitchen floor. That was SO on my list before bed. But then again, I uploaded these photos last night, after we got in a little sunset- time work done in the new special pen project. So, I stopped by the computer to share our iddy bit of progress with you!

First, this is the door Wyatt made for the back section of the project. It is on, but we are still trouble shooting the closure mechanism.  I am rather thinking of using something similar to what is on the wooden door at the front, but having Bailey play with the JB Weld to affix the d-ring side to the metal frame.


I had brought this home with me to put here on the wooden door, and to see whether Bailey thought the JB Weld would work. Since it is zinc, and the frame is aluminum, I don't want to take stupid chances by trying a regular weld.


We made a little forward progress on the roof, and are down to the funky area. Nevertheless, the wind returned today, so I will see what needs reinforcing tomorrow when we work on this!


This is the triangular shaped open space. We are planning to allow the metal to overlap some in order to frame out an area for the bucks' favorite feeder to stay out of the rain!


This area could prove to be a challenge, as we designed it with a slight curve to help with wind resistance, since wind wreaks such havoc i our area. I am thinking that using a plank of wood, attached through the metal roof into the support structure on the from and in the roof may work. Wyatt liked the idea, and thinks he has an idea as to which wood to use. Bailey seemed to agree as well, so I am not sure whether that is a good or a bad thing!


This open area will be the next area to tackle and we are hoping to get through it Wednesday night.


Shine has been learning about taking over the house from Shadow Paws.  Here, he was perched on the pile of blankets on the sofa.


Apparently, she has also taught him that the more space you take up, the fewer humans try to share the sofa with you and the more ear scratching you get!


Well, I do wish I had more progress to share, but with school work, work and the grading that comes with the end of the semester, I am learning that I may only have small windows of time when the heat isn't too stifling and there is time unspoken for! We will catch you up more tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment