Monday, July 1, 2013

First Monsoon Storm

Here we go- the annual monsoon rainfall tracker.  Wyatt swears this gauge reads 1 millimeter.  I says it shows nothing but random junk that blew in.  Still, last night we had our first storm of the season, 

and this rain barrel (aka livestock tank) is all I have to show for it.  I had others set out, as I have not yet taken on the water harvesting project I had hoped to, but they blew around the yard instead of collecting and holding water, which meant that Bailey and I collected them last last night when we went out to check on everyone.


Oh, look! Dirt!  Aren't you excited I shared this, too?  OK, I really need more sleep!  But we tend to be up really late when the storms hit looking after everyone!  The rain makes this neat pattern in the Arizona clay when it rains really hard and violently, and you can even look out there now and see our footprints where we flattened out all of that neat patterning.


So I guess- no rain in the gauge means that I will record 1 July as trace.  Hope these number come up soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment