Sunday, July 7, 2013

A Little Family Fun on the Fourth!

I got up on Independence Day and did the morning blog, then the kids got up and we did morning chores, made breakfast and took on a few projects.  Bailey and I got an upright in for shoring up that doe barn once and for all, and picked out the wood and strategized the next step with it.  Then it was time for some fun!

Does anyone remember this trick? Wyatt has been wanting me to teach him the trick where you turn straw wrappers into worms. My Grammy always used to do this with us at restaurants. So, when Daddy took us all out to dinner before the ball game on Independence Day, he grinned at me and grabbed a couple straws with wrappers for our drinks!

It was an evening, and the home team WON!  Yay!!!


Gee, think there is any resemblance in father and son?  Oh, and that fist above my boy's head? Yup, my daughter was threatening...


Then she stole the camera and started playing with different shots and effects.


Right after the game were the fireworks!  Big smiles as we all rolled onto our stomachs and gazed up the hill to watch the show.  Love that smile!


More silliness! Great show, though =)!


Then the ball park lets the kids run the bases.  Can you pick out mine?  I can!  Some of the local team members stayed out on the field to high five and chat with the youth.  Wyatt really liked that, as did one of the kids' friends we ran into while walking out.


I love fireworks, so one last photo!


Well, it was a late night, and hard to get me rolling so Bailey could work out and I could work in the morning, but we even got up and took the monster and picked up some furniture to help offer a handyman project for the 4H club next year.  Bailey and Wyatt are excited, but I think Wyatt has a lofty plan.  We shall see!  Well, once again, happy birthday, America!  Love to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment