Thursday, July 11, 2013

My magazine, you may not read it!

Busy day yesterday.  I subbed a yoga class with a great group of folks, then went to visit the friendly vampires at the Red Cross/  OK, just kidding, I donated blood, but I am sure they are used to folks calling them that, especially when roly poly veins take several sticks (ugh).  But then I ran errands and finally made it home in time to unload feed between storms, and Bailey and I headed off to bring home one last new addition to the herd for the year.

Sure, I know it is a tease to say that, and then go to a photo of a monsoon sunset, but a mama has to have a little fun in this life!

Anyhow, once the new addition came home, Bailey got busy with updating shots and preventive health stuff, since she had held off a bit so they could all be on the same schedule.  The new little one is really friendly, and isn't happy about the mandatory quarantine, but Bailey spent a good bit of time with her =).


The sky was beautiful, and while the storm was pretty much over by the time I got home, there was enough water to water the garden plants, with a little left over.  YAY!!!!


As we were working our way through chores inside, I looked down to see Vegas with a magazine open. I laughed and showed Bailey, and when we asked him about it, he used his paw to flip the page back, as though he had a neat story in there that he didn't want to share.


Bailey thought it was funny, and he liked the extra attention, so he wagged at her like he was getting neat little recipes tricks out of mam's magazine.


Despite staying up much of the night- again- with a puppy barking at the lightning, and than falling asleep n the sofa without getting Charlie's uniform in the dryer- BIG oops- the rain gauge was only barely wet this morning.


Wyatt thinks it is because the ocotillo has gotten so big that it may be getting in the way if the rain isn't coming down in a favorable direction, so I suppose I will let him and his buddy Shadow the lightning barker set up the extra rain gauge today.


Well, he is to hoping for more rain, and I do have a lot to do today, so I had best get to it!  Have a great day!




No comments:

Post a Comment