Sunday, June 30, 2013

A Nice Sunday Morning, Needing a Little Motivation for the Afternoon!

The kids and I went to church today.  Wyatt wasn't so sure about something new, where he didn't know others who would be with him.  Bailey was excited, but then backed out of going into the youth group, and stayed with me.  It turned out to be a good fit, she has been reading a lot of Genesis, and that is what the preacher was discussing today.

In the end, the folks were friendly, and as Bailey and I turned to head out to find Wyatt, he came into the back of the church with a big grin and a doughnut in his hand, ready to tell us about the fun he had had.  And there was a boy he knew from 4-H in the next age group down, whom he had spent time with during county fair, so he hadn't been completely without anyone he knew.

We headed out and ran into the same man we had met on the way in- his name was Don- thanking us for coming in, and I heard a deep hello, looking up to see another 4-H parent- Sean-  saying welcome as I said Hi.  As we walked away, and Wyatt told us about tortillas and candy in a lesson about Joseph- I still don't quite understand the whole thing, maybe he will explain again over dinner- we said hello to a few more 4-H youth on the way to the car.

Bailey said she liked the service, and as we got into the car, Wyatt closed his door and asked, "Can we go again next Sunday?"

Hmmm...

All in all, a pretty good Sunday morning.  I am glad we are taking our time to find our way back to ourselves.  One step at a time with our hearts.

On that note, with animals fed and watered, and new recipes downloaded from Facebook, I suppose I had best get to some cleaning so I can get to bed early tonight!

Hope your weekend is blessed with family and friends and those nice little steps in the right direction.

Love to all.
me


No comments:

Post a Comment