Monday, July 29, 2013

Fun Crazy Food!

I am a firm believer in trying new things.  I also think that if we go a little crazy here and there, and try some funky fruits and veggies with the kids, that they will be more open to more fruits and veggies.



Apparently called a Kiwano melon, these are eaten by sucking the fruit through your teeth to separate the seeds.  I couldn't get the hang of that, but Wyatt accomplished it easily and wanted to save seeds to grow.  It was mildly sweet, without much of a distinct flavor.  Okay, it is really still in the fridge, so I will likely finish it tomorrow afternoon, and save the seeds to dry and let Wyatt decide on whether we try to grow them.


But I did see another fruit that we hadn't tried before, so I may be stopping back there after work this week!
What wild fruits and veggies have you tried or grown?

No comments:

Post a Comment