Friday, June 1, 2012

My Minty Experiment...

This is part of an experiment I am working on.

The chickens, which Charlie said had to be free range, ate all of my porch plants!  They have done this a few times, so the pots on the porch are more regularly used as nesting boxes.  I am looking to stop this, but initially the goal was to set up the greenhouse, then enclose the gardens.  I am making progress again on the gardens, and began rooting some trimmings of mint and other plants earlier this month.  
This is the spot in the kitchen window where I root cuttings in glass jars.  For all the peppermint looks brown, it is actually sending off the best root beginnings of all the groupings.  So my present plan is to root these, which are Sweet Mint, Peppermint, Chocolate Mint, and a couple flowering plant varieties, then try them in pots on the back porch to see which the chickens will allow to grow.  Wish me luck, I may need it!  The animals here seem to have very strong minds!  The dogs are the best behaved, but then again the mama trains them! (That's me, yep!)
Have a great day! Time for me to get some work done on that garden enclosure before we reach the 108 degrees the weather forecast has promised.  Hope the allergy pills finally kick in - the smoke from the New Mexico fires is kicking my keister this morning.  Again, make it a good one, and do something good to make the world a better place today =) !

No comments:

Post a Comment