Monday, September 10, 2012

Special Project: The CRUSH Blanket

This is the CRUSH blanket- or should I say CRUSH Cape?
Last Spring, when CRUSH 1011 was awarded Engineering and Inspiration, and therefore moved on to the world championships of FRC First Robotics, I thought a little blanket was in order for while cheering in the stands of the competition.  My mother was visiting as we got Bailey ready to leave, and she even helped to cut out letters for more than one of these blankets to happen.
As luck will so often have it around here, time ran short and Bailey headed off to the competition with a plain orange blanket, but she chose to wear it as a cape!  I saved all of the parts, and tonight I finally got the letters on the first of them!
Note to self: these materials creep nearly as bad as the velvet I once made a patchwork quilt from!  But oh, well!  Bailey will have her CRUSH blanket!
On that note, it is VERY late, so I should get to bed!  Sleep well everyone, and warmly.  Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment