Friday, September 7, 2012

Floating Downstream

This morning, we had some lakefront property on our hands!  It was still raining when we left for town, and much of the property had water.

It took a bit to figure out that we could safely pass the wash going out to Sandario.  But in the end, we got in to town for school and work, visited Auntie and made the feed run.  As dinner was almost ready, I stepped outside to check the rain gauge.  Another inch!  

If I wasn't already motivated to finish up the rain collection upgrade, I would be after the last week.  Two inches in a week, and the barrels were full well before this round.  I am really looking forward to that upgrade!
Well, tomorrow morning is a long drive for football.  The first game to count of the season, with Wyatt having been sick this week, the coach demoted him to being a sub.  But Wyatt says he isn't worried, he will be there for his team.  Then he reminded me a few of the boys don't get back up very often when they get hit, and he will see enough play time for the cough he still has lingering.  I just wish Charlie didn't have to work, and would be on the field with him!
Well, the bell on the dryer is calling my name!  You all have a great night!  Hugs to all =)

No comments:

Post a Comment