Friday, September 7, 2012

Not quite done yet!

Last night, the storms came in fiercely just as the farmers' market where our eggs are sold was setting up.  I left my eggs with the food bank consignment folks, and dashed off as the wind sent the outdoor sellers to their cars to wait out the mess.
I headed up the the kids' school, driving out of the storm at one point.  As I was sitting in the hall outside Bailey's pre-calculus classroom, talking to Charlie, lightning struck and knocked out power. (Big excitement for all the kids in the hallway!)
Charlie called to coordinate with me, and he had watched lightning strike a car two in front of him and send sparks and debris flying.
Charlie took Wyatt down to practice, where there was only light rain and they got in a full practice.  I got Bailey to her college class, then headed home to see what would be there.
We crawled out way down Ajo.  As I sat waiting for our turn at Camino Verde, I snapped this photo of the full washes down by Tucson Estates.  As I drove out past Ryan Airfield, this sight reminded me of a mountain in the winter.

When I got home, the worst of our storm had passed.  I fed and watered and collected eggs.  Then the light rains resumed.  Charlie and the kids were turned around by a sheriff half way home, leading to a very late night.  By midnight, we were back to full fledged electrical storms, with lightning cracking and thunder waking me up.  By 5, the thunder was starting to lessen.  Much of the East and North ends of the property are flooded, and Shadow is driving me nuts from being stuck inside!  My rain barrels are all overflowing!  Thanksfully, the animals are all still high enough to be out of the flooding, the reason why we have been unable to move their pens.
I wonder where today will lead?  For now, time to turn on the news and try to figure out the best way to town for the day.  Stay safe everyone, and Happy Friday!  Hugs to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment