Saturday, September 8, 2012

Monsoon Beauty

I have always been a sucker for skies like this.  For some reason, they have been a reminder to me of God's promise, and the possibility that life is.  The monsoon has left in its wake this week, a good bit of destruction, people swept away, the greenhouse in shambles and debris all over the saturated ground.  That makes a good time to look back at the beauty of the monsoon, and to remember all of the life that the water brings.
Some might say photos like this beg to be made into memes or inspirational posters.  Maybe.

Or maybe they are meant to simply transport us back to the beauty of a summer afternoon, when I didn't need to rush to get the kids through homework or off to the next thing, and when we could really just enjoy being together as a family.

Well, either way, whenever I look out and feel overwhelmed, it is a good time to count my blessings and look at the beauty of the life and the world I am given.  So that is what I have chosen to share this morning.  Later today, or tomorrow, I have a picture and a story to share about relaxing and enjoying the moment.  Both tenets of faith, as well as yoga, another place where the world fit together nicely.
Have a beautiful and blessed weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment