Monday, September 3, 2012

Last Hurrah

Bailey and I had a good time at the goat show.  Lots of nice people, always fun trying to guess where the judges will place the animals, including those you brought and others.
It was late when we finally headed out of Cottonwood, and when Bailey called the boys to check in, they said we had just had a really big storm at home that was hard and crazy.  So we took the highway instead of the back way from Marana, just in case the roads weren't passable.

This morning, I got up and got ready to head out to work.  The rain gauge out front showed a full inch!

I was tired and wanting to upload the photos for friends to share, so I only took little Shadow out front.  I looked out the back door, and saw my greenhouse.  Cacti knocked over, panels out, the roof separating.  There is little left to the front, and not much more left to the back.  There had been some damage I had put temporary redneck repair into, while waiting for the monsoon season to finish out for the total list of parts I would have to order. 
Well, the list did get longer, so I suppose I should be glad I waited on the order.  I am really looking forward to my upcoming class on water harvesting, because I really want to save all the water I can in the future.  I can only imagine how many gallons I would have gotten from a storm such as this.

Well, putting the pieces back together and keeping going.  Just another day at our house!  Hope you all got lots of rain at your house, too, and that you enjoy the rest of your long weekend...

No comments:

Post a Comment