Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Bring on the wet winter!

I heard something on the news this morning about perhaps seeing one last hurrah rain storm before the monsoons are completely over.  To be honest, it feels pretty dry, and I had a student dehydrate on top of low blood sugar this afternoon, so I am not inclined to hold my breath.  To be fair, though, it was a pretty good monsoon here at our house.
I cannot remember the last time this Texas ranger plant had this many blooms for so long after the last rain.  Not without additional water, anyhow.  
The weather folks have spoken of maybe getting a wetter than usual winter.  I am all for that idea, too.  Especially since I hope to kick off the fall garden in the next couple weeks.  I suppose I should go back and tally up the rainfall total for the monsoon, but I guess this possibility of one last storm gives me a reason for a little procrastination- just until after the last of the rain is gone from my barrels.  Unfortunately, that won't be long.  So, does anyone have any special hidden talents for leading a rain dance?

No comments:

Post a Comment