Monday, August 12, 2013

Sunday Funday?

Well after a long night, where Vegas slept beneath the brooder, and the baby chick was annoyed with a moth and hollering the whole night, it took a bit to get me rolling to have anyone ready for church! Bailey wasn't sure if she had allergies or was getting sick again, so she stayed home and Wyatt and I went to church.  As we pulled in, a boy from the 4-H club dashed across the parking lot to say hi and welcome Wyatt.  How sweet!

We ran a couple of errands, and found some cute little terracotta frogs for the front yard at a yard sale. Wyatt completed a math test on the way home, and we made lunch and he sat down to work on schoolwork he should have finished last week as I headed off to tear apart the shower and Bailey set up a Chemistry experiment.Life is never dull around here!

It looks like the shower is going to take longer than I hoped, will work on another stage of that tomorrow. After dinner, some folks stopped by the farm to look at something Charlie has available for sale, and little baby chick, who is presently on the way to either the name Munchkin or Cookie Monster, got her first round as baby chick ambassador.


Isn't she cute? I think she hatched a little early, based  upon the dates I have listed, and so far no one has hatched to be her friend, so she is spending a lot of time being held and cuddled!  She doesn't seem to mind at all. =)

I did transplant a few tomato starts. It was time to give up on those yellow pear tomatoes. As much as I enjoyed them, I will have to remember that they need to be earlier plants for next year!

During the evening news, I got the recent batch of Goat's Milk Lavender Soap into the packaging.  This was after reprinting all of the labels, because I forgot to put the cocoa butter on the ingredient list!  Oops...


 These photos are form an Emu Oil project I am working on. What is Emu Oil? What role does it play in soap? I will get to all of that tomorrow, I promise! It is enough for a post all in and of its own.


I will also cover the ins and outs of vegetarian soap, too!  But if the post gets too long, I might separate them!


For now, cute little paw prints and soaps and baby chicks will have to hold us all over until tomorrow, because I am TIRED!  Love to all!


No comments:

Post a Comment