Monday, August 5, 2013

Starting the Week Off Right

I cannot help it- I LOVE these monsoon sunsets! Funny, because the opposite direction from this, it was dark. And we are presently having RAIN out there!!! Barrels are out, and excitement is in my blood!

Gosh, the angle on this makes the whip portion look particularly bad! But the breakfast treat of the week- bowls of honeydew and Chinese cantaloupe with chia coconut granola and a little whip on top!  I think I have a chia thing going on these days!


Shadow is looking a little TOO comfortable while Wyatt works on math on my bed- AGAIN...


The hen in the Big Pen loft has now lost her eggs twice. I had a talk with her about shaken baby syndrome, but she wanted her eggs back so I let her have them.


She immediately gathered the remaining three back under, then later the two. I shudder to think where the others have gone after two weeks...


For those of you who follow us on Facebook, you have likely already seen these photos. I went out with Wyatt today to check on chores, and found Huey, having wedged himself under the top of a plastic dog house at the edge of his pen. At first I was worried, 


but then realized that he was just fine there. It is funny, the animal kingdom. When Huey just wants to lay around and not do anything, if Bailey puts food in their buck, even if there was already some there (and the almost always is) Powerstroke pushes Huey gently to his feet and grunts until he walks over to eat.


Shadow was having some goofy of her own, out chasing squirrels in the woodpile.


Well, I guess that is about all for today. Lots to do, and a big delivery coming tomorrow!!!  I will share photos and tell you all about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment