Sunday, June 2, 2013

Sunday Morning Takeback

One of the kids jogs up to the porch and turns up the country music station on the radio.  I can hear Wyatt and Shadow playing their way through chores.  The buzzer on the dryer goes off, good timing since I just finished some watering on the back porch.


These are the weekend mornings that I have been missing.  And the time I (and the kids)have been craving at home.  A year ago, I took on an additional part time job to help with the time between the semesters, and keep my teaching skills current, teaching aerobics at a health club in town.  I hadn't done it in a while.  They required two classes, which was good for me to fill in between semesters, but the two they had available were Saturday and Sunday.  So that really chopped up the weekends.  I had to move form Saturday to Monday when the 4-H year began, and it was only in the last few weeks that I was able to move from the Sunday to the Fridays.


I began that time in bed sick, and have been crawling my way back.  Now, with Wyatt out of school, we will begin to establish a system of chores and homeschooling, working on a positive flow of time and a balance in our lives of fun, work and family time.  Some of that is just going to take time, patience and practice.
 

Just as each new day, and each new life, bring promise and possibility, so does each new change in phase of life.We are meant to take these opportunities and reach forward and up, and make something special that glorifies all that like is, and all that we can do in our world.  After being backed into a corner time-wise by bullies, and spending all those years driving so much so the kids could attend school in town, is was more than time for a change.


So the next phase of our like will be consistently manicured, with exercise together, family time in fun and hobbies, and farm work,


Careful and thoughtful education of the kids so they have the opportunities to learn and grow, but with balance between classroom and practical learning,


and more.  I don't expect this to be a smooth and easy ride.  I know there will be bumps in the road and truth be told, the transition is slow already.  But I am more than ready to live the life I preach- balance in all things.  Watch for more updates on learning to home school and  the farm life transition.

Hope you all have a magnificent week!

No comments:

Post a Comment