Friday, June 28, 2013

Happy Friday!

Last night, after teaching in town, I got bust on round three with the animals for the day- they need a lot of fresh, cool water this time of year, especially since they are pretty indiscriminate about which to use for drinking and which to use for a standing pool (they use both for both.)  


Since Wyatt was still at football, I double checked his, too, and gathered his eggs with mine, and guess what I found? WE HAVE  ANEW LAYER IN THE BRAHMA PEN!!! Those new Brahmas that did so well for Wyatt at fair this year are growing up!  We cannot wait to see what we get from them!  For now, the hens are learning, and this little egg is barely larger than the d'Uccle egg it is sitting with!


Shadow ran around with Bailey and I, trying to be a good farm dog (outside of getting in the garbage once before I caught her).  She was helping me water when the boys got home from football.  We had stepped inside for a moment, and when she heard Charlie's car she went CRAZY!  I am glad those two have each other.  They are quite the duo together, even if he does spend training time on log rolling instead of long sits and stays sometimes.


You know me and those beautiful sunsets!  I cannot help myself.  But there is a special reason for a photo of this one.  Those clouds, which make the colors streak so beautifully across the sky- do you know what those mean?


Moisture! The humidity is finally arriving.With historic temperature highs in the forecast the rest of this week and into the weekend, I am so glad to see the first glimmer of hope for our monsoon season.  The first the isolated showers appear int he forecast is Monday, and usually the East side gets the rain long before we do.  I am so thankful to see the hope!!!


Well, happy Friday to you all!  This is the best time of day to work outside, so I had best get back out there.  Have a greet day!

No comments:

Post a Comment