Saturday, February 25, 2012

Life Skills and Chores

Okay, so anyone looking at this photo knows it was set up after the repair was done.  I sent Bailey back out to get a picture.  I admit it, but I thought it was one of those moments I am glad to be raising my children with practical life skills rather than only book skills, and also glad Charlie was in town to help!
Yesterday, while doing chores, this water pipe was broken.  Thankfully, it broke off in a way that made for a simple, above the ground repair.  So this morning, Charlie set about to teach the kids more than just how to isolate the water problem and capture the loose water, as we did last night.  They repaired the line under his direction.  They field tested it a while later, and all looks good, though they will add a length of rebar this afternon to make it less likely to break in the future.
As exhausting as the commute is, and as much as I am dreading the current promise of even higher gas prices, I am thankful for the normalcy and grounding of our life here.  Have a great weekend, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment