Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Just another day in paradise...

Charlie volunteered to take the kids and their science projects to school this morning- YAY!  Yay to the part about Charlie giving me the morning at home, and definitely yay to the science fair being all turned in and off our to-do list!

With Charlie off running errands and managing the morning commute, I settled in to chores and tidying up.  Of course, I never manage to get in as much as I would like.  While carrying the paper cutter out to the shed, I was swarmed by the chickens, who wanted an early lunch.  I ended up giving in, but along the way I picked up little Fly By Night for company...
We went to check on little Aggie.  She is holding strong after something got her buddy last week, and making a place for herself in the big pen.  Looking forward to when she gets past the gangly stage...


Fly By Night wanted to play hide and seek around the trailers.  Here, he was pretending I couldn't see him...
So I went to water the greenhouse.  Not quite enough time to plant while I was working on other things.  I figure one more round of greens before it gets too hot- at least I hope!  The bottom right are the ots where I put seeds in for jelly bean tomatoes last week.  Sometimes this really teaches me patience waiting for things to come up!

These are the strawberry baskets I keep running my head into.  Hopefully they adapt quickly, and are ready to produce soon.  Wyatt loves to sneak strawberries from the greenhouse!

This goofy chicken felt the need to stand on a light fixture to make a statement.  I think the statement had something to do with this place being run my the animals...


Goofy bird!  Since Monday is allergy shot date, I gave the goats a snack to hold them over until we got home.  Olympia says the food bowl is her nap spot, but she did get up for me to put the snack in.

After teaching two classes, picking up the crazies kids, and getting Bailey's allergy shot (which after last week's reaction required thirty minutes with a monster ice pack), we headed for home for dinner, homework and chores.  Vegas got tired, so he slept with the green shopping bag I accidentally left on his double bed.  What a good green military dog.  Not just ready to shop with a reusable bag, but the one from the commissary!

Well, on to another busy day.  Today has a special adventure logged on for first thing, and ends off with 4H Community Club night!  Have a wonderful day, everyone!


3 comments:

  1. So far I haven't needed the ice pack for allergy shots, yet. Though after yesterday's shots I really itch like crazy and took some Benadryl right afterwards. Not the best thing to take at work. What kind of plan do they have her on? I'm doubling up and taking them by bi-weekly so I get 2 sets of shots each time I go. So far I've taken 8 sets. Friday will be the last day I can double up. Then it's a stronger dosage and they will only give you one set each time. I figure if I do it this way I can be up to the max dosage by the end of March and we can see if shots work for me. As for now I just itch. You did the right thing. Ice packs really work to numb the area and reduce swelling. If the Benadryl doesn't kick in soon I'm going to have to get some ice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to add. I spoke way too soon. I spent all last night and till my ice pack melted today with it on my arm. I got my shots on Monday and it took till Monday night to really itch and it's not going away.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Melissa, so sorry to hear the allergy shots are getting to you. Bailey's Dr has discussed these reactions with us. The more you girls hold your own through them, the more treatable you are, and when the other option is that they have no treatment options left for you, I am holding onto the hope that you both will be better each week. Hugs, and hang in there!

    ReplyDelete