Friday, February 24, 2012

Adventure for the day: chores and errands, minor catastrophes…

With school out for rodeo break, one of our traditional stops is: the dentist.  Excitement in the extreme, right?  Well, when you spend as much time commuting as we do, and with all of Bailey’s doctor appointments, we have to squeeze the dental appointments into whatever breaks we have.   After that, off to another long overdue stop- pass and ID at Charlie’s unit.  Both Bailey’s and my ID cards were expired, and Wyatt needed to get his first one.
As we left pass and ID, we ran into a young man who recognized me, but I drew a blank.  He and Charlie laughed, and Charlie told me to read the name badge.  It still didn’t go anywhere, and he said “Syvel’s boy.”  Whoa.  They weren’t kidding when they said think young!  He was about Bailey’s age the last time I saw him!  It is so crazy to watch the kids growing up around us.  He has matured and filled out, and with his Dad’s confident smile.  A young man taking well to military life.  His folks must be very proud.

With Bailey still getting over being sick, no makeup allergy shot for her, and we came home.  Wyatt relaxed and Bailey and I took naps.  I slept for two hours; definitely have my work cut out for me getting healthy before the week starts.  Lots of chores left to do, I headed to the greenhouse to water.  Regardless, things out there are doing beautifully.  The cantaloupe seeds I started in the box outside the greenhouse aren’t up yet, but with the freeze last week, I am just hoping they aren’t lost.  I used all of the water in the buckets and was wishing for rain. 

Well, that was quickly taken care of, as the water hose source by the main garden was sheared off.  It broke right below where it froze and ruptured last year, this time with a little help of a certain someone trying to wash down houses in his chicken coops.  But at least when having to shut off the water after 5pm on a Friday, I am glad to be doing it with my husband in town this time!

I need to curl up in bed with the computer to get work done, and also help Wyatt weigh his baby chickens for his broiler experiment.  Life here is full of adventures.  I am looking forward to Charlie fixing the water in the morning!  All told, today’s catastrophes are minor- just a part of life.  Would I prefer life a little less crazy?  Sure, but I also wouldn’t want to miss it!

No comments:

Post a Comment