Saturday, October 19, 2013

So Glad to Have Everyone Back!!!

Being on my own for a week sure kept me hopping!  Thankfully, Bailey came home Tuesday, and the boys returned last night.  Shadow Paws really tried hard to help out, assisting with rounding up animals that snuck out, and taking her guard dog duties very seriously.  She and Vegas slept at my feet, and kept me company dutifully through animal chores, watering, cuddling babies and checking on the pregnant doe.

Still, Shadow Paws missed her Wyatt desperately, and wanted lots of extra attention and fetch time.  I love the little goofball too, but didn't get many of my own things done, like updating the website, blogging, and floors ( even sweeping seemed to require her constant presence!)

When Bailey arrived Tuesday night, we had to get things ready for her to take the PSAT Wednesday. After that, it was all about getting things back on track- I helped her with a solution to her framing project, cleaned the kitchen floor and got a little done on my furry fabric project.  And then I took a break...

OOPS!

I passed out cold, and had to give up for the night. No more breaks for me!

Well, for those of you following along on baby watch with us, not quite yet...  Because the kids were leaving town, I started watching a little early, I believe, to get used to any changes better so I wouldn't miss out on signs with all of the antics the animals like to pull when their preferred caretakers are away. And there are A LOT of antics. Just when I think I know what they will do, they come up with new capers.

Shadow was ecstatic to hear the truck coming down the main road last night. Since both kids had filled their elk tags, Wyatt had lots of big bones for her, and as I had asked, they saved the hides.  Why did I ask for that? I thought it would be a good unit to tan the hides like the Native Americans did.  That said, we did the first round with the traditional tanning solution last night- did you know what they use for the tanning solution?  Wow- this is really interesting!

Well, things came home in freezers, but the refined work of butchering still lays ahead for Charlie. And for us, too, as his assistants.  But for today, Bailey has a pygmy goat show. With Glory pregnant, and the buck dhow cancelled for not enough participation, only Miss Verse is going along with us, though Bailey is signed on to help with the showmanship clinic with her, and lots of other stuff is on the list, too.

I should have lots of photos to share, and hope to finish my furry project tonight- I got the pockets cut out while laughing through Bailey's leather class yesterday, and chatted with Auntie about the strongest placement of the handles while we were visiting during Bailey's debate class.  I am definitely ready to finish this project! Now that Shadow has her Wyatt back, maybe she won't feel she needs to operate the sewing machine!

For now, these are the upcycled roof tiles headed to the raffle table for today. What do you think?  I may have to make some similar ones to decorate the pens around here!  Well, you all have a great day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment