Thursday, May 30, 2013

I am really feeling that final stretch of the school year and the coming changes in our lives here.  I have been ready to pass out by eight every night, though I don't know if some of that may also have to do with the heat and trying to decrease my caffeine intake!  Maybe it is just the fact that I am doing all of that at the same time?

But the last couple of days have been busy, though I cannot say that I have accomplished all that much!  Wednesday, Wyatt was promoted to middle school.  He wants to try homeschooling, we will see how it goes this summer before committing to him not attending the 6th grade in town.  I think we are all seeking true balance in our lives, so I am hoping this path we have laid out will allow us the balance while still challenging the kids academically.

After the big ceremony, we had ice cream.  Turns out the place near auntie's now has their favorite kind- Blue Bell- in a shop where you can get cones.  Now to figure out how I can get them to her!  I know she would love it!

After the geese came home on Monday, we were also lucky enough for a local farm who has been bringing in a very special line of Black Javas, working with a group trying to bring this heritage breed back from the brink of disappearing, to have Beth at the farm in town share three babies with us.  We have such a love for the heritage poultry, we are truly excited to raise these with our other heritage birds.

The have this amazing setup there, and Wyatt was so glad to get ideas for upgrading the poultry spaces this summer, and Bailey and he both loved her hydroponic setup.  We have a lot of the base items for a setup, so we decided one day next week we will have a fact finding mission at a little store in town that teaches the hydroponics!

After fixing the flag pole on Sunday, the solar lights looked good on Monday, and this still seem to be lined up right for the full height as well.  YAY for small miracles!


I had set up this planter on Tuesday, it is on the front porch in full Arizona sun.  Fortunately, it seems to be establishing well.  Gotta love a little patriotic color in the goat planter!  Now to ind some blue daisies for the one next to it!

We atrated some cantaloupe and honeydew seeds about a week ago.  So glad to see them doing so well.  If they keep it up, I may transfer a couple plants to the new planter box by the swing set. (Hoping, hoping)


I don't know about your house, but the hens are desperate to go broody around here!


Oh, had to share this photo, too.  I saw this in the parking lot at work, and thought everyone might enjoy the cool paint job with all of the trees.


Well, off to another busy day.  Hoping to get the sewing done and the house cleaning and finish that new planter when Wyatt and I get home early this afternoon.  Oh, and start Wyatt's birthday cake!  But for now, leaving hte farm in the care of Charlie and Bailey!  Have a great day everyone!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment