Sunday, May 12, 2013

A Mother's Day Bath?

Well, to be quite honest, I spent mother's day in bed, sick.  So Charlie and the kids took pizza over to Grandma's house, along with the cream puffs I had made, and I slept vegetated.  When they returned, I was just scratching Vegas' ears, where Shadow waited off to the side to make sure her brother got first dibs, and they all headed out to care for the animals.

The in came Bailey, complete with a dripping Trooper.  Trooper is a four plus year old partridge Silkie hen, who has been tremendously preoccupied with hatching her own eggs now that the winter hatch of chicks have grown as large as she is.  Trooper was shivering. dripping, with her eyes closed as I handed Bailey towels at the front door.


Apparently there was even an egg in the water bucket where Trooper had taken her little bath.  Bailey figured since she is a Mama hen it was her attempt at a mother's day bubble bath.  I am just glad that they caught her in time, and now she is dry and happily back out there, sitting on her clutch of eggs!  On that note, I guess I had best prop myself up enough to go water my plants, and get everyone ready for the week!  Have a great Mother's Day everyone, and a wonderful week!

1 comment:

  1. Hope you start feeling better. So sweet, Bailey messaged me today and told me happy mom's day.
    Hard to believe she's that 1 year old that used to follow us around the yard in her diapers while we worked out. Toni

    ReplyDelete