Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Always have goals.

Remember this boy from my last post?  Well yesterday afternoon, as the kids were finishing their pens, he got out.  To be honest, his two hens did, too.  But Bailey swooped them up pretty easily.


This guy, on the other hand, thought he would go on a tour of the property   Wyatt was hot on his tail, and I had folks touring the farm looking at purchasing chickens, so I knew he was on top of it and let him.  It is generally better to not overdo the crazy response.

So I let Wyatt do his stalking, and I moved on with the folks on the tour, so Wyatt could finish up and come help.  As I stood with the people, discussing the breeding stock of the Brahmas they were looking to purchase, one of the men in the group suddenly dropped into a squat with his hands at the ready, sending the little Cochin roo running straight for Wyatt's arms.  

Wyatt scooped him up, and we all laughed, as he had been over trying to pick a fight with the large Delaware rooster, who is more than three times his size!  We joked about him thinking he could take the bog Delaware in his cage, and one of the women in the group remarked that he must think he is pretty big!

I guess we all have to have our goals...




No comments:

Post a Comment