Sunday, April 15, 2012

Thank you... I needed that hope...

We have been through some tough patches around here this Spring.  Often times, it has left me wondering about my generation and, despite knowing better than to generalize, feeling like those of my generation may be failing the world with the me attitudes being given or passed on to children, and the way so many of us seem to live out our dreams through the accomplishments of our children and teaching them to step on others in the conquest of more wins.

My mother reminded me this morning, that the lord doesn't take away without first giving, and if we open our eyes to those gifts, they truly are there. (She is good at smacking me upside the head with perspective that way.)  Even as I was saying my generation had serious issues, knowing she would tell me not to generalize, and remembering someone who recently told me that all generations are flawed in the eyes of the generation before them, Wyatt Clay went out the back door saying it was a good thing I was from a generation from several centuries ago. 

That just might be the first time I take one of his age comments as a compliment.

School doesn't come easy for Wyatt, and he has faced his share of bullies.  Through his different processing, he was blessed with the ability to know which adults are worth trusting, something we call the Wyatt List, and if I would learn to watch who is on it, and the rare case that someone has their Wyatt list privileges removed, I would likely do better int his life.

Bailey has been through some really vicious bullies.  The kind that hurt very deep, and yet have caused her to focus on what is most important.  And through it, some very special people have come forward to patiently guide her, and to accept her into their inner circle.  And she is learning to stand for herself.

At the same time, we have made many special friends with wonderful insight and focus in this crazy life, who have modeled for me the patience and acceptance with strength that I hope to get better at.And we are better learning, after all this time as a military family, to stand together as a team and communicate.  And we are placing our foot down and taking more time to let kids be kids.

So to all those who have given me hope, I thank you,  I guess there is hope for our generation after all.  Maybe we can continue to make a positive difference.  Hugs, you all rock!

No comments:

Post a Comment