Friday, April 6, 2012

Good, clean fun...

http://www.team987.com/LVRwebcast2012/live.html

Good, clean, fun...

Got to see my eldest today via USTREAM,  doing the GIANT WAVE courtside at robotics regionals in Las Vegas.  I have to admit, it was a little scary letting her go away to Las Vegas without her Daddy or I, regardless of how I adore the group she is with or the experience that it is.  Funny, though, I really do recognize that this is a part of growing up and taking responsibility, and we are thankful for the positive force this has been in her life.

Crazy, my mother and father have been streaming the USTREAM and cheering the kids on like crazy.  They make it online well before I do, and this morning, while I was speaking with students with issues before class, my phone rang for the first time, my mother excited to be watching them set up.  Care to check it out?  The USTREAM link is above.

I know I post about robotics a lot these days.  Life has been challenging for everyone, and when something so positive seems a saving grace for my own child, I want to share it.  Children are overscheduled, over stressed, over technologied, etc.  I am loving watching her grow, change, and take on new things as her wings spread and her confidence soars.  I hope this for all kids, even if I have to sit with her dog and promise us both that she will be home soon.

They grow up too fast, I am trying to learn to let her, and to remember to be thankful for the blessings.  I am proud of the kids, excited to share the experience via internet with my parents (even if my mother is tutoring me) and I am putting one foot in front of the other.  Walking beside her on the tough days, and cheering her along on these fun ones.  Gulp.  Growing up myself, and learning. 

Here's to good, clean fun in whatever form it takes for you.  Feel free to share your version in the comments, it would be fun!  Oh, and the song of the day- one of my faves...  Check it out...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=26okNVDVRgk

I borrowed the link from youtube, not my upload, or an actual video, but a great listen and a great anthem.  Enjoy the Ride...

No comments:

Post a Comment