Sunday, September 8, 2013

Chick Capers and Projects

The little chicks on the back porch have been up to hi-jinks. You can see two of the feeders I added yesterday. They now have two feeders and waters hanging, and today I will try again on the nipple waterer. Why? Well, the nipple waterer for the obvious reasons- keeping the water clean and switching over to clean water  from nipples in the pens over time. The feed cup? They went underneath the cups there had been, lifted them up and dumped them out. The feed cups weren't even hooked to the cage wall anymore!  Goofy animals, where do they come up with this stuff? 
So I moved them all lower to the floor and double what they had, so far that seems to be working...


Yesterday I made this headway on what will e the base to the farm stand sign. The right side is sealed, with two coats of chalkboard paint over the top. The left is prepped with things we grow. Lesson learned: do not discuss the spelling of the word romaine with Wyatt Clay while painting the word rosemary.  I know, I should know better that that by now, right?


Well. I hope today to get this finished and up and functional with the top,  The boys are going to be headed off before long to pick up the new goat house components, so that should keep me busy, too! I just cannot seem to put the old metal doe barn back together and make it last anymore, so I will use the metal for roofing when the new components arrive. This is Charlie's first day off in a while, so I have to dive in to productivity!

Here's to hoping for rain when we are done and success which some projects for us and all of you too!

No comments:

Post a Comment