Monday, September 16, 2013

A Big Weekend at Our House...

Well, to begin our weekend, the kids were assigned to clean the tack shed! Funny note, they were required to get along to get it done, no mama intervention! Why yes, it did take all day, but they did a pretty good job,


and when I couldn't find the big black funnel today to fill my feeder, Wyatt could lay his hands on it immediately. The show box was even cleaned out!


If that didn't dub me the mean mama, Bailey came inside this afternoon, and asked if she could leave a brand new bantam Cochin baby with the mamas who really wanted to raise it. But after the four foot snake being found dead in the buck pen Saturday morning, with no explanation and us knowing that we have so many snakes this year, I had her bring the baby in. It settled in right away, cuddling up with the other little Cochins in the brooder in the living room.


What a sweet little face! It definitely looks as though we have a couple roosters in the bantam Cochin group.  Oh boy...


I still haven't gotten much done on the big sewing project, or caught you up on our neat adventure at Arbico, but I did get a nice big batch of soap made tonight- Orange-Vanilla Dreamscicle Goat's Milk.  It smells wonderful!


Wyatt and Shadow were cuddled up all sweet when I went in to turn off the light Wyatt had forgotten. Just as I went to snap the picture, Shadow picked up her head.

Well, it is definitely sleepytime for this mama. Have a wonderful week!


No comments:

Post a Comment