Thursday, March 28, 2013

The Up-cycled Coop- Part Four...

This is the first time in days I have felt well enough to take on the coop project again, so last night, when I got home from work, we got busy!


Fot the first time ever, Shadow was too preoccupied with a log, and didn't properly greet Wyatt Clay.  It took several minutes to get Wyatt on track after that, he was really sad.  But Vegas had taught her to chase lizards into the log, and she was busy being Vegas' little buddy.  Poor Wyatt.  But she loves her Wyatt like no one else.  Wyatt just isn't used to playing second fiddle to a log. (Haha, Mama couldn't resist!)


I got the second door put together while Wyatt filled feeders and Charlie worked on organizing his camping stuff.  It sure gets dark fast!


Wyatt got the feeders and waters all ready for the new pens as Charlie helped me try to put the doors on.  Just when we thought one side was set to go, it wasn't.  I need to go buy different hinges, these don't hold in the door edges properly.  

So the project isn't quite complete.  Hopefully I can find them on the way home form the farmers market today, and Wyatt's d'Uccles can move tot their new home tonight!


I couldn't help myself while cleaning up from the project, and took a few photos of the beautiful moon through the trees by the front gate.  I was thinking it looked more like a fall evening in the photo, but I guess you really can see the buds of springtime in the tree branches.

Well, off to the market.  Lots to do to get caught up from being sick.  I sure hope to knock a couple more things off the list today!  What projects are on your Thursday list? 


No comments:

Post a Comment