Thursday, March 28, 2013

Fundraiser Basket


I often get requests for donations for baskets for charity groups to auction off for fundraisers.  I have supplied blue ribbon cakes and delicacies for food auctions, jewelry for black tie events, and other things.  I get a lot of requests, so I put a cap for each annual quarter on donations, but recently I had two very special requests in just about a week.  I got both of the baskets out this week, though they are for separate occasions and groups, and the events are a little apart.  I hope to share their information through the Facebook and google plus pages, too, as they are certainly worthy of everyone's support!


This basket left Thursday for a 60's themed dinner dance at Dove Mountain, where they are auctioning off these baskets during the evening, with all of the proceeds going to the Marana Community Food Bank.  The economy has been very tough for many folks who never would have otherwise been at risk, and with the belts already tightening, the sequester is right around the corner.  
The food bank is able to purchase six times more food with every dollar than we can, so your dollars go farther than your cans, even though we really love our canned food drives.  No matter how you do it, please do remember your local food banks.

Anyhow, I hope the basket, with its bath salts and soaps, lotion bar, etched glass and lip balms will bring in something good to help the food bank.I know you are seeing a lot of ways to support altruism and community activism on the blog these days, with more to come this week.  So please share your favorites.  How do you like to help out the world around you?

No comments:

Post a Comment