Friday, July 27, 2012

A silly black hen, and new photos of the young roo

This is a silly little black hen we call Carmina Piranha. She was named mama when a family gave her to the kids, as they were leaving town and couldn't take their chickens.  She was named Carmina Barana by the kids initially, but she really likes to sit on eggs, and can be tough to get the eggs from, so was nicknamed Carmina Piranha, haha!


This, on the other hand, is the young roo we have been following with the contest.  He is starting to get his color!  I didn't get quite close enough to count the points on his comb.  I will have to try to zoom in on the photo.  Well, you are still welcome to make guesses as to his final color, we will be awarding winners for that over Labor Day!


I think he is going to be pretty, but I am still guessing myself about the colors, as he is starting similar to a couple of the color patterns we have here.  I will be excited to see him mature!


No comments:

Post a Comment