Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Evening Rain

Wyatt and I had fun at the farmers' market today.  The folks were wonderful to talk to, the weather was beautiful as we watched the storms begin to roll in.  As we drove home, we chatted about the schedule and what kind of clouds were thunderstorm clouds, and how the wind works with them.

We got home, and Charlie was cooking tonight.  I got the farmers' market stuff put away, and my tools back in the car, in just enough time to set the table for dinner.  After that, by the time I tidied up and got Wyatt to bed, and turned to head outside to water the greenhouse, Bailey pointed out the lightning.

The rain followed quickly.  I turned to check the doors and found Vegas, sitting on his favorite bed by the front door, watching the rain fall on the front porch.  Gotta love how children and animals remind us of the simple pleasures in life.  Guess I will hang out for a few minutes and see if the storms moves away soon enough for me to go water.  Otherwise, it will be fingers crossed and an early morning for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment