Thursday, July 26, 2012

This Week at the Farmers' Market

This week, the weather was all blustery and the dark clouds were overhead of the MHC building when we arrived for the farmers' market, so we set up inside.  Some folks, despite the signs, didn't come in to look for us because they couldn't see us in our usual spot.  Sorry we missed them!
So here is my little inside setup, right in front of one of the kiosks that no one uses at that hour.  It was fun to see the folks who usually don't get a chance to run outside and visit with us.

I took lotion bars along with me this week.  I had been worried about taking them in the heat, but it was a bit cooler this week from the rain, so I took them along.

They were a hit!  With only two scents this week- lavender and vanilla- I left the others at home for this maiden try- I was excited to see the response and the excitement.  Still a fun afternoon with all the great folks.  When we packed up to go home, the skies had turned blue with not a cloud in sight!  Funny how the weather is this time of year!


3 comments:

  1. I don't think I have ever used a lotion bar. How are they used and why don't they clog the skin's pores? The sound interesting, especially for us older individuals with dry skin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lotion bar is. quite simply, all the good oils and the vitamin E we put into lotion, but instead of a thickening agent, we mix it with a type of wax that gives it a soft bar consistency. This enables it to sit in a tray, and as it moves across the skin it leaves just enough of the lotion to soak in behind. Would you loike to try a sample and leave your feedback?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I should probably mention, they have been a big request item, which is what lead me to actually bring them along in the Summer. Plus the curiosity factor is kinda fun in itself!

    ReplyDelete