Saturday, July 28, 2012

Prickly Pear Part One

Tonight, I harvested the first little bit- less than a full plant from next to the front porch.  This is the full stockpot I used.
So I peeled it with a fork and a sharp knife, then cooked it down to release the juice.  I ran it through the blender to release a little more, and then strained it.  Wish I had just the right sieve, so I could separate the seeds from the pulp, though!

This shot shows the juice accumulating in the bottom of the glass measuring cup.  This was half way through the batch.  I am getting pretty tired now, so it looks like making the first round of Prickly Pear Goat Milk Soap will have to hold until morning!
  
Now, to stay fully awake long enough to strain the last of this batch!  Have a great night!

No comments:

Post a Comment