Sunday, May 27, 2012

What do I have to show for my Saturday...

What do I have to show for my Saturday?  Not a whole lot.  I scrubbed the kitchen, did some laundry, did some chores.  The wind was still a bit much for me to get anything measurable done in the garden.  But, the open box on the East side of the greenhouse- I had been debating putting some of the tomatoes in there, or putting lettuce in there.  I had changed my mind about it frequently, and watched squirrels nibbling om the leaves of my squash and cantaloupe plants through the expanded metal covering the other bin. 
In the end, I have tomato plants ready to bear fruit, which were burning in the greenhouse, and rather root bound, so I selected the four most egregious ones, and transplanted them.  The simple black mesh covering them has me a little worried, but I will be watching closely over the next couple days, looking to see if the animals foil my plot to keep them from the plants.  Well, today the wind should be less.  I need to weigh chickens with Wyatt, get some exercise with Bailey, and take on that garden.  After all, this time of year, 88 degree days don't come by that often, we need to take advantage of them!  Hope you all have a great one!

No comments:

Post a Comment