Saturday, May 19, 2012

Everything in moderation...

I always loved making homemade ice cream with my Dad.  It was really rich and took lots of time, but was so worth it!

I have made ice cream a few times over the years, using my Dad's recipe, but Charlie didn't think it was anything spectacular, so I rather gave up. For Christmas, my niece and nephews gave the kids and I a new ice cream maker. On a lark, I picked up one of those goofy packets at the store the other day, and we bought ice on the way home Thursday night.

(Seeing these photos, I am thinking I should show that I washed everything after he took it out of the box!)


 Wyatt had a great time setting up the machine and reading the instructions, then after dinner we mixed up the mix and set things in motion. Wyatt had such a great time with it, that he wants to pull out his Grandpa's recipe and make more!


 Sure, ice cream isn't the best choice nutrition-wise, but everything in moderation, and it is such fun to share the tradition down the line!

No comments:

Post a Comment