Wednesday, May 16, 2012

I LOVE when we have babies!

This mama has been raising her babies in the feed shed.  She is rather crazy.  I love when the babies look like they are wearing tuxedos!

I can only seem to find this mama in the mornings, but they seem to be doing well, and I believe they are living under a trough where the cat and hawks cannot see them.  They are almost all a little lighter than the ones above and below, but cute little poofballs of fluff!

The mama in the shed has her babies well trained- a few clucks and her little ones run under her.  It reminds me of Mother Ginger in the Nutcracker.

Here she had them out by the waters running around.

This one is sneaking off... the adventurous one!

She does seem very attentive!

This is the other mama, she watches closely, but doesn't particularly like to let her babies come close or mingle in with the big chickens yet.


This is the older baby. It has come into the rather spindly stage!

Here is the mama for the single baby.  She still dotes on her little one, even though it is growing up a bit.  Watch for another post on those two coming up!

Well, I sure love baby time!  Since my own babies are growing up a bit, I rely on the animals for my spring baby fix.  But at least then I can easily give them back!

No comments:

Post a Comment