Thursday, April 11, 2013

Why did Shadow climb the tree?

A lot of attention is placed upon why the chicken would have crossed the road.  Tonight, after dinner, I went outside with the puppies to do my watering.  Vegas meandered around the back porch watching me squeeze in pots that cane from the completely defunct greenhouse on the edge of the porch.  Shadow went out to see the horses and men practicing roping across Sandario form our land.  

By the time I was done watering and assessing things, the lights had gone off at the roping arena, and I could still hear Shadow barking near the southeast corner of the yard.  I took my flashlight over in search of the puppy, and found her barking up a tree.  Funny, huh?  In fact, she looked at me and then went to climb the tree.

Why did the puppy try to climb the tree?  To get to the orange tabby cat she had trapped up there.  It is pretty hard to see the cat in there, I am not very good at night photography!  


In the end, Bailey helped bring Shadow in, because she was so obsessed with the cat that she would not leave it alone.  Goofy puppy was almost on the cat, too.  Never dull, really!  So, why did the dog climb the tree?  To protect the chicken from the cat, so it could cross the backward in peace...

No comments:

Post a Comment