Saturday, October 6, 2012

Friday Sunset on Tumamoc

My students in my Boot Camp class kept saying that we needed to do Tumamoc Hill as a group.  So will less driving this past week on my agenda (the kids on Fall break) I agreed that all of my students could meet at the base of Tumamoc for an extra opportunity to make up attendance points.

So after working in the fitness center yesterday morning, I ran home and picked up the kids to go with us.  We met at the base at 5:30, with some running up ahead and others walking at their own pace.  As we walked  the evening colors began to paint the sky.

This is the research station a little more than half way up/  Beautiful old buildings, including a greenhouse I will I could use!

Looking West toward the Tohono O'odham Reservation from a switchback.


Saguaros in the sunset light.


This was from the top, looking South East across Tucson.


And then looking West into the setting sun.


There were two in our group who were a little behind me.  We walked back down to see the finish at the top with them.  The group was such a great team encouraging the others!This sunset lit cloud was too beautiful not to photograph with the fingers reaching skyward.


On the way back down, I took this photo looking West over the lights of a little housing development West of Pima College.  It came out pretty cool, despite the elongated lights.


I am glad the students help me to it.  It was fun!  Hope you try it, it is such a beautiful time on the hill!

No comments:

Post a Comment