Thursday, September 13, 2012

No rain, but still a beautiful night sky...

It has been a tough week, and today it felt like things just kept piling on.  Charlie took the kids from me at the school, letting me go home to get started there.  After feeding all the little crazies outside, I thought it would be good for me to spend a little more time trying to pick up some of the pieces of the greenhouse and water what was left there.  These clouds rolled in from the east.
They said the monsoon season was over, but as I type this, they are mentioning something about a back door system coming in on the news.  It would be nice to top off the rain I used this week from the barrels, they say we are still two inches behind for the year.

Speaking of rain, the last several days yielded another half inch here at our house.  I will have to look back over the weekend and come up with the overall tally for this year's monsoon.

This little one was sitting on the thermometer next to the rain gauge...


The bottom photo is from when I got started at the greenhouse tonight.  The blueberry plants and several of the mint plants made it, there are a few tomatoes on the fence, and a few other plants like chives and some veggies.  The cacti you see here are back to being upright.  I watered what I could.  It felt good to do something like putting the pieces back together.
Well, I don't know about you all, but I am looking forward to Friday!  Have a great Friday, and a magnificent weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment